Koru Riverside Retreat
Map and Directions
Koru Riverside Retreat is located on the historic 309 Road, just South of Coromandel town and a lovely 2.5 hours drive from the Auckland International Airport.
We recommend Air New Zealand for their wonderful service, great food and New Zealand wine.
For auto rentals, we recommend Go Rentals. Mention Koru Riverside Retreat for a 5% discount and, if requested, your car can be waiting for you at the airport upon your arrival.
Recommendations on your way here:
- Thames Goldmine and Stamper Battery (Northern End of Pollen Street)
- Bounty Store – A design store/gallery showcasing contemporary New Zealand and local art- 644 Pollen Street, Thames
- Butterfly and Orchid Garden – a nice, relaxing stop for 30-45 minutes, located just North of Thames – follow the signs.
- Waiomu Beach Cafe, a lovely beachside cafe with excellent coffee and fresh baked pastries, part way up the beautiful coast road.
While you feel you’re away from it all, Coromandel town is just around the corner from the retreat. This quaint little country town features everything you could ask for.
8 minutes drive:
- Excellent supermarket with many organic options
- Bank of New Zealand
- Kiwibank and Post shop
- Excellent art shops featuring local artists
- Weekly local fresh produce market
- Local seafood at restaurants and take aways, incl. a la carte dining
- Many excellent cafes, incl. organic coffee and food
- 3 bars
- 2 petrol stations
- Several car repair workshops
- Local mountain railway
Plus there are many excellent attractions within close reach from your retreat:
3 minute drive
- Waiau Waterfall
5 minutes drive:
- Kauri Grove Tree Sanctuary
10 minutes drive:
- Castle Rock Hike
15 minutes drive:
- Driving Creek Railway
30 minutes drive:
- Whangapoua Beach
- New Chums Beach walk
40 minutes drive:
- Kuaotunu Beach
- Lukes Kitchen wood fired pizzas and beach side cafe
50 minutes drive:
- Whitianga town, with many more shops, restaurants, cafes
- The Lost Spring thermal pools
1 hr 15 minutes drive:
- Hot Water Beach
- Cathedral Cove